The French town of Saint Tropez, renowned for its opulence and beach club culture, is home to little over 3,600 inhabitants yet welcomes a fascinating array of guests and property investors each year, keen to become part of the elite community of luxury villa owners in this very exclusive and niche market.
St Tropez House aspires to paint a realistic, up-to-date picture of the sales market in Saint Tropez by exploring the range of property transactions which took place from January 2021 to June 2023.
Period of Transactions: January 2021 – June 2023
Areas included in the Study:
- Private domain of Les Parcs de St Tropez
- La Moutte
- Les Salins
An In-Depth Look at Luxury Property Transactions in Saint Tropez
1) Total Number of Unique Transactions in Saint Tropez
There were a total of 39 unique transactions of sales of independent houses in Saint Tropez which took place during the indicated period of January 2021 to June 2023.
2) Top 5 Sales of Villas in Saint Tropez (Net Price)
The private and highly sought-after gated domain Les Parcs de St Tropez is full of whispered tales of affluent buyers looking to make the highest-end transactions. Three estates changed hands within the indicated period at staggering amounts of 33,000,000 EUR, 25,912,404 EUR, and 25,000,000 EUR;, each offering vast expanses of property over 20,000 m².
The prestigious area of La Moutte, not to be outshone, also witnessed a property being secured for 22,000,000 EUR, with a generous piece of 10,286 m² land. Meanwhile, another gem within the Les Parcs domain was acquired for 18,625,000 EUR, spreading across 6,245 m² of land.
- 33,000,000 EUR – Les Parcs de St Tropez – 20,000 m² land
- 25,912,404 EUR – Les Parcs de St Tropez – 20,000 m² land
- 25,000,000 EUR – Les Parcs de St Tropez – 22,560 m² land
- 22,000,000 EUR – La Moutte – 10,286 m² land
- 18,625,000 EUR – Les Parcs de St Tropez – 6,245 m² land
3) Top 5 Largest Properties (size of land) sold in Saint Tropez
La Moutte, known for the vastness of its estates, saw four properties, enveloping 63,285 m², 26,480 m², 25,006 m², and 24,870 m², change owners in the vicinity of 7,500,000 EUR to 12,445,000 EUR. Les Parcs de St Tropez also had a large 23,086 m² property purchased by a new owner at 13,500,000 EUR.
- 12,445,000 EUR – 63,285 m² land – La Moutte
- 10,500,000 EUR – 26,480 m² land – La Moutte
- 7,900,000 EUR – 25,006 m² land – La Moutte
- 7,500,000 EUR – 24,870 m² land – La Moutte
- 13,500,000 EUR – 23,086 m² land – Les Parcs de St Tropez
4) How many properties were sold in Saint Tropez and what were the average and median prices?
Transaction Count Across Areas (January 2021- June 2023):
- Les Parcs de St Tropez: 17 transactions
- La Moutte: 13 transactions
- Les Salins: 5 transactions
- L’Estagnet: 4 transactions
Average & Median Prices & Size of Land (January 2021- June 2023):
- Average Net Price: EUR 9,333,122
- Median Net Price: EUR 7,500,000
- Average Size of Land: 13,225 m²
- Median Size of Land: 10,270 m²
St Tropez House conclusions about property sales:
- Les Parcs de St Tropez not only dominates in net price but also reflects substantial transactions, underscoring its significant draw in the property market.
- La Moutte, while offering some of the largest properties, also demonstrates a wide range of pricing, suggesting varied offerings in its domain.
Taking a Closer Look at Top St Tropez Areas for Property Purchases in 2021-2023
Les Parcs de St Tropez:
A prominent domain, hosting a number of ultra-luxury properties for sale and top villas for rent, Les Parcs de Saint Tropez has a notable affluence on the real estate market of Saint Tropez. As an internationally recognised location welcoming the world’s elite, such as the richest man in the world Bernard Arnault, this domain is also the subject of a substantial number of land acquisitions.There are several compelling reasons to buy and/or rent a villa in Les Parcs de St Tropez.
The beautiful residential area of La Moutte offers some of the largest properties for sale in Saint Tropez. With a wide range of prices, characteristics and unique purchase opportunities, La Moutte provides property investors with a widespread selection of one-of-a-kind properties for sale to choose from.
Villas for sale in Les Salins are few in number and therefore this area has a modest number of sales transactions each year. Les Salins stretches from Saint Tropez center to Les Salins beach and offers a wide variety of properties, from small houses to mansions.
Home to a selection of top waterfront properties and owners such as the iconic Brigitte Bardot, L’Estagnet is an exclusive area which, although does not boast a large number of annual sales transactions, adds to the diverse portfolio of property transactions within Saint Tropez.
Comparative analysis of villa sales in Saint Tropez between the two periods 2018-2020 and 2021-2023
The official registry of sales transactions in Saint Tropez for 2023 remains open, with more transactions anticipated for registration. Therefore, a comparative analysis between periods is not yet available. An upward trend in prices is, however, already observable.
St Tropez villa sales in 2018-2020
- Total Transactions: 57
- Average Net Price: 6,868,345 EUR
- Median Net Price: 3,885,000 EUR
- Average Size of Land: 1,755m²
- Median Size of Land: 974m²
St Tropez villa sales in 2021, 2022 and until June 2023
- Total Transactions: 43
- Average Net Price: 8,510,343 EUR
- Median Net Price: 6,200,000 EUR
- Average Size of Land: 2,148m²
- Median Size of Land: 2,000m²
This slight decline in transaction numbers is likely due to the significant ‘property run’ which took place from 2018-2020. This resulted in the buyout of smaller and less expensive properties. Consequently, fewer but higher-priced transactions dominated in 2021-2023.
This sales summary provides an in-depth analysis of the unique property transactions which took place in Saint Tropez from January 2021 to June 2023.
In this sales report St Tropez House provides a snapshot of the Saint Tropez property market and its dynamics based on official government data sources from DVF. All prices in the report are net. Net prices do not include agencies’ commissions nor notary & registry expenses.
For more information about villas for sale in Saint Tropez and to discuss your unique property search, contact Emilia at St Tropez House.
Interested in selling your property in Saint Tropez? Contact us for more information and to arrange a visit to your property.