For many, the idea of a holiday in Saint Tropez centres around the pool or beach, with a lot of sunbathing action going on.
In fact, the most exercise that a large number of you coming to Saint Tropez for the summer plan to do is the two minute walk from your waterfront villa to Pampelonne Beach followed by a gentle swim in the Med.
But for those of you who hope to engage in a slightly more physical activity whilst renting a villa in Saint Tropez, there are many options open to you too.
Whether you are into golf, or tennis is more your thing, there are numerous clubs that will welcome you, both as a visitor to the area during your holiday or as a member for longer term residents.
Below is a list of the clubs we think guests to our St Tropez House luxury villas might be interested in checking out:
- Gassin Golf Country Club: Golfing legends Gary Player and Gery Watine designed the 18-hole course which boasts dramatic views of Grimaud, Gassin, Ramatuelle and Saint-Tropez.
- Golf de Saint-Maxime: This is a first-class club renowned for its views as much for its 18-hole course. Designed by English architect Don Harradine, the golf club offers some of the best vistas over the Golfe de St Tropez. The 18-hole course covers an area of 150 acres of rolling hills, heather and forest above the town. Tel: 04 94 55 02 02
- Golf Club de Beauvallon: the Golf Club of Beauvallon is the Var’s oldest club which was founded in 1923. The course covers almost 100 acres of terrain and enjoys some stunning views of the Mediterranean.
- Tennis Club de St Tropez: With eight floodlit courts, an excellent restaurant in the clubhouse and a number of high profile tournaments this club is a great place to discover if you want to improve your game, or just knock a ball around.
- Tennis Academie Fournerie St Tropez: For parents who want to put their kids in an excellent tennis school this summer, the Tennis Academie run by former professional player Christophe Fournerie is a great option.
- Tennis Club Municipal Pierre Philippot: Another very professional club for those on holiday in Saint Tropez or who want to join up for a week’s course or the year. Tel: 04 94 97 15 52
- Tennis Club Ramatuelle: For those of you renting a luxury villa in Ramatuelle, there is also a very good club with a number of courts on the outskirts of the village. Tel: 04 94 79 29 38
- Ecole de Voile: If you are more at ease on the water than on an astro-turf, the Ecole de Voile in Saint Tropez offers courses from beginners to more experienced sailors. There are also a number of courses for wind-surfing as well as the possibility to rent paddle boards and kayaks. Tel: 04 94 97 73 07
- La Moune Ecole de Voile: Another very kids-friendly sailing club is La Moune Ecole de Voile which is situated in the commune of Gassin, approximately one mile from Saint Tropez.
- Polo Club Saint Tropez: Arguably the most famous polo club in the region if not France, this club oozes Saint Tropezienne class. If you haven’t played before, come and have a lesson and if you just want to watch, there are plenty of tournaments planned for the summer. There is also a first-class restaurant called La Table du Polo which serves excellent cuisine both at midday and in the evening.
Sailing Photography – Kristina Strobel – www.kristinastrobel.com
Leave a Reply