The French Riviera is famous for many things, one of which is its rich artistic heritage which has drawn countless talented artists to its shores over the last few centuries.
As a result of this strong connection with art there are a large number of excellent exhibitions organized up and down the coast from Menton to Saint Tropez every year.
With more than 150 art galleries and even more art museums, it would be impossible to list all the art events that are happening in the area over the next few months.
But for our clients renting a luxury villa in Saint Tropez this summer we have tried to single out ten of the very best exhibitions to whet your artistic appetite.
1. “Mises en Scène”, an exhibition of contemporary art organised by the Union Méditerranéenne pour l’Art Moderne at the Château-Musée Grimaldi in Cagnes sur Mer, until November 23rd. The castle itself is worth a visit, if only for its sea views.
2. “Période Niçoise”, an exhibition by Matisse at the Musée Matisse in Cimiez, Nice, until September 29th. Matisse fell in love with the Cote d’Azur and died here in 1954.
3. “Les Nouvelles Générations dans la Collection du MAMAC”, more contemporary art this time exhibited at the excellent Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in the heart of Nice until September 14th.
4. “L’Art au Nature”, an exhibition by local visual artist Cathy Cuby who works with natural objects to create eye-catching masterpieces. The exhibition will run until September 30th in the gardens of the Musée Internationale de la Parfumerie in Grasse.
5. An exhibition on Sharks and Humanity is being held at Monaco’s Musée Océanographique for the not so faint hearted staying in one of our St Tropez House villas in August. The exhibition runs from August 8th until March 2015 and for clients considering making the journey to Monaco from Saint Tropez, there is a very good helicopter service which will get you there in under 30 minutes.
6. “Bains, Bulles et Beaute” is another exhibition being held at the Musée Internationale de la Parfumerie in Grasse, about an hour from the majority of luxury villas to rent in Saint Tropez. This exhibition, being held until September 30th, follows the history of beauty products from the 18th century until today through images.
7. The 12th Festival International de la Photographie de Mode will take place in Cannes until August 29th at the Espace Miramar on Palm Beach.
8. In Monaco from July 7th until September 12th the “Art Lovers” exhibition will be held at the Grimaldi Forum, celebrating the art collection of Francois Pinault.
9. Nearer to home and a short drive from our portfolio of St Tropez House villas is an exhibition entitled “La Couleur sous la Lumière de l’Orient” including works from Delacroix to Matisse.
10. Also in Saint Tropez this summer is “The Party’s Over” exhibition featuring photographs and pictures by German artist Udo Rein at Lavoir Vasserot.
Leave a Reply