So you have booked a family holiday in a luxury villa in Saint Tropez for the Easter holidays, but you are not quite sure how you are going to fill your days.
Do not fear: we at St Tropez House are a mine of information and have so many ideas that we could not possibly write them all down here.
Instead, we have chosen our Top Ten Things to do in Saint Tropez this Easter for guests staying in one of our prestigious rental properties in the South of France.
1. Eat a special Easter meal in a restaurant on Pampelonne Beach with your toes in the sand. A number of the beach restaurants will be open for Easter but make sure you book in advance.
2. If you have children in your party staying in one of our luxury villas in Saint Tropez don’t forget to hide chocolate eggs in the garden, which the French say the flying bells drop for kids in celebration of Jesus’ Resurrection.
3. We are hoping the weather will be warm enough by Easter for the first swim of the season in the Mediterranean, and where better to dive into the water than on Pampelonne beach.
4. But before you shed your clothes and jump in, why not go for a long brisk walk along the 5km long white sandy beach, one of the most famous in the world.
5. For those feeling very energetic, there are some wonderful cycle trials to be explored on the Saint Tropez peninsula and April is the perfect weather: not too warm yet just warm enough.
6. Another great activity to indulge in near Saint Tropez is golf. The area is spoiled for choice when it comes to golf courses and Easter is an ideal time to tee off.
7. If sport is not your thing, then why not take a trip in the car to some of the local vineyards, and try out so of the local rosé wine. You can even stock up for the weeks ahead.
8. Try a spot of sailing from the Port in Saint Tropez.
9. Eat a Tarte Tropezienne, a delicious creamy sponge cake which is a delicacy in Saint Tropez.
10. Hang out in the Provencal market on a Saturday or Tuesday morning and soak up the unique atmosphere.