Many of you who choose one of our luxury villas in Saint Tropez in which to spend your summer holiday do so for complete R&R.
And quite rightly all you wish to do is lounge by the side of your swimming pool, soaking up the rays.
But if you do feel like moving from the pool area of your luxury villa in Saint Tropez to explore the area, then there are a huge number of beautiful sights to see.
In fact, there are far too many attractions within a short distance from our portfolio of St Tropez House villas to list here, so we have chosen our five favourite day trips, listed below:
- The hilltop town of Ramatuelle, which perches on a hill behind the famous beaches of Pampelonne, is a charming place to wander around after a morning at the beach. Meander through the cobbled streets, lined with antique shops and street cafes, and you will feel a million miles away from the sophisticated coast.
- Port Grimaud, dubbed the Venice of the South of France, is a fascinating town just 5km from the majority of our villas in Saint Tropez. The town built on waterways was designed by architect Francois Spoerry and completed in 1998.
- Not to be confused with Port Grimaud, the town of Grimaud is also worth exploring when on holiday in Saint Tropez. Situated 4km from the famous fishing village, the hilltop town used to be the strong hold of the Grimaldi family from Monaco and still boasts a marvellous medieval castle.
- The countryside around Saint Tropez is covered in vine yards and there are a number of famous vineyards which conduct organise tours of their wine-making facilities. Many even allow you to taste the wine, so remember to name a designated driver if you decide to visit more than a couple! Alternatively as us to find you a chauffeur.
- The village of Gassin lies next to Saint Tropez and is the home of the Polo Club St Tropez. Even if you are not familiar with the game, the club is a fascinating place to come to soak up the exclusive atmosphere of Saint Tropez and check out the famous ‘Sport of Kings’. There is also a first class restaurant La Table du Polo which serves delicious Italian food.
Leave a Reply