2013 Var Tournament’s Results
A 2-Step Tournament
Part one of the tournament was taken by Saint-Tropez/ La Campana – with respective team leaders Schuler & Petersson, beating the Thai newcomers Con Hielo and Germany’s Pink Energy and The Glorious 4 coming in last position.
Pink Energy, who beat Saint-Tropez, took the honours during the second part of the tournament, while this time bronze was shared between Swedish La Campana and The Glorious 4.
For full tournament results: click here.
The winners and participants were presented with a variety of victor’s spoils; from Vicompte A. fashion collections, Pommery champagne, Albanu Monaco jewellery and the ‘Conseil Général du Var’ (department councils) offered cups and tournament winners collecting the Var trophy. La Réserve spa sessions went out to the best team leaders, Ploy Bhinsaeng and Eva Brühl.
2013 International Polo Cup
4th -14th July, 12-15 & 4-6 goal tournaments
Schedule (submit to change):
- July 4 at 6:00pm
- July 6, 7 & 9 at 5:30 & 7:00pm
- July 11 at 6:00pm
- July 12 at 10:00 & 11:30am
- Polo teams parade on horseback in Saint-Tropez port at 7:30pm
- July 13 at 6:00pm
- Argentine dinner party with cocktails, asado (Argentine barbecue), Tango show and dancing at 9:00pm
- July 14 at 7:00pm followed by the prize giving ceremony.
5 teams in competition:
- Monte Carlo Polo Team (ITA/USA), newcomers headed by Rommy Gianni and Thomas Barrack,
- Antelope (USA), led by Geoffrey Palmer
- F Polo Team (PAK/SWE), led by Kristian Petersson
- Los Bandidos/Le Pommeray (USA), led by Derek Smith and Dave Dollingerand
- Saint-Tropez (GER), led by Corinne Schuler.
For full details: click here
- July 6, 7, 11 at 10:00 & 11:00am
- July 13 at 10:00 & 11:00am
- Ranking match at 10:00am
- Final at 5:30pm
For full details: click here.
5 teams in competition:
- Lions Polo Team (FRA), headed by Pierre Beylat,
- Sezz/Power Infrastructure (GBR), led by Shahé Kalaidjian,
- La Campana/Jivaro (SWE/FRA), led by Lucas Petersson and Christophe Allemandou,
- Villa Sesta (ITA), led by Gualtiero Giori, Ricardo Tatonni and Nikita Maslov.
- A 5th team is being formed.
- Happy Hours: Thursday, July 4 and 11 at La Table du Polo, €15 formula; unlimited buffet of Italian specialties and a drink.
- Parade: Polo teams parade on horseback in Saint-Tropez port at 7:30pm
- Argentine dinner party: Saturday, July 13th at 9:00pm cocktails, asado (Argentine barbecue), Tango show, dancing. Entry fee €160, compulsory reservation +33 (0) 4 94 55 22 12
Leave a Reply